Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Kangoo ECU

Thread: Kangoo ECU
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Kangoo ECU

I have a 1999 1.2 petrol Kangoo van with the D7F engine (8v) and I am having an absolute nightmare with it. A couple of weeks ago it started stalling when I came to a stand still, without juddering, but it just started up again on the key. It finally broke down and wouldn't start again.

A mechanic replaced the crank sensor, coil pack and mapping sensor, it still wouldn't start. He then got a decoded ECU unit and it ran for two days then broke down and wouldn't restart.

He scanned it again and it was saying " ECU memory loss intermittent" then later it said that there was a lack of power to the ecu .

He said he couldn't tell which wire powered the ecu and needed a diagram, so I got a Haynes manual for a Clio as it had the D7F engine wiring diagrams (including one on the ECU !) but he said that it's useless! He claimed that the throttle body was on it's way out too. Now he has washed his hands of it and every mechanic I have asked to come look at it REALLY don't want to know!

Does anybody know what I can do to fix this without going to a dealers? Or how I can determine whether it's a break in the wire or if it's the ECU itself?

The van runs but not for a great distance and is too dangerous to drive on major roads as I don't fancy it stalling and someone hitting me. After it stalls, I have to leave it for a day or two and it starts again.

Well I hope you can understand all that!

Any advice is welcome,

Thanks in advance!

5 Lastest Threads by Stu1million
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Kangoo ECU Electronics ricoos 10 3028 3rd March 2009 10:49 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome