Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Headlights cutting out

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd March 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to vitasol
Angry Headlights cutting out

Hi guys... not in a particularly good mood with my pride and joy.

I have a stupid problem which causes the dipped headlights to cut out when they feel like it and they come back on when they feel like it..not very safe.

A while back i had something fixed/replaced to do with the headlights because this exact problem happened but the headlights wouldnt come on at all.

fuses and bulbs are fine, all other lights works.

i've been told theres some black replays behind the glovebox that control the circuit or sumfin and the guy that repaired it last time said that he replaced a 'thing' behind there which fixed it. unfortunately me and my friend have looked everywer for this 'thing'. i dont no what it is called and i dont even know if it exists!!

where is the ground for the headlights? i might need to check that.

car is a Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique 2004.

Most answers on other threads do not help. Dealer is not an option and i dont want to goto a garage.. if i have to i can find this guy again and make him fix it again.. he charged £50 last time and gave me the name of the 'thing' but i have forgot. probably ripped off but ohwell.

I have those auto lights/wipers

thanks for the help in advance.

please reply asap
Currently in vitasol's garage:
Renault Megane 1.4 16v Dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by vitasol
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Volkswagen Golf - Buying Advice Other makes Renz225 10 3434 9th December 2009 06:03 PM
wow.. simple cambelt change costing a fortune! Engines mr espace 33 6195 7th December 2009 05:50 PM
Sky+ HD General Chat martyboi 15 2300 5th December 2009 12:23 PM
Megane starting problem Electronics vitasol 2 1351 26th November 2009 03:45 AM
Renaultsport Decals Exterior styling jon1 5 4529 3rd November 2009 09:30 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome