Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1998 Renault Laguna 2.0 Exec Central Locking

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
1998 Renault Laguna 2.0 Exec Central Locking

Hello all,
I have looked through many posts and websites but I can not find the answer to my problem.
I do have a Laguna (1998) and everything was fine till last night. The remote central locking decided to call it quits. Although the little red light would flash on the remote nothing would happen. Today even the red light has stopped working. But the funny thing is I can open the car manually at the drivers side and start th eengine no problem. Also the central locking button inside the car works fine. The computer finds no faults at all.
So the question is what may be wrong with my remote key? Would I have to get a new one from Renault or can the old one be recoded?
I am so tired because I have been on the pc searching answers all night and day, my eyes are about to pop out. So any help will be very greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
Currently in LordTurk's garage:
Renault Laguna 2.0 Executive
  5 Lastest Threads by LordTurk
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
1998 Renault Laguna 2.0 Exec Central Locking Electronics LordTurk 7 1624 4th March 2009 03:23 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome