Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1998 Renault Laguna 2.0 Exec Central Locking

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 4th March 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
I'm confused by whether your car has IR or RF locking, as it's in a crossover year and I'd have thought that a phase 2 would be a Monaco rather than an Executive - then again, there seem to be a lot of late phase 1s with a lot of phase 2 bits on them anyway.... Then again, you say there's no receiver 'pod' in the roof console... Still, the immobiliser should still disarm if it's RF rather than IR as that's controlled by a passive short range RF device in the igintion barrel and key. It's still worth sliding the front part of the overhead console off and checking for water ingress in the receiver.

Failing that, if you've put new batteries in the remote and you have a red light on that, it's worth cleaning/re-inserting the connections on the central locking control box, which is attached to the right hand side of the fuse box. If it's like mine, there should be one large black plug, and one large blue plug - my car was doing exactly the same thing you describe and after I did this, it's not happened since.

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome