Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Scenic II Rear Window Problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Grand Scenic II Rear Window Problem

My 55 plate 1.9 Dci Scenic has just returned from the dealer after having a problem with the heater fan fixed, but I've noticed that the driver's side rear window now only goes down about 2" everytime I press the button (on both the driver's door panel and the rear door). To put the window down I have to repeatedly press the button. The same is required to raise the window. The light on the driver's door panel is also not lit for that window (all the rest of the windows are okay).

The car Has only recently started to give me problems. It was my lease car from work and I bought it when the 3 year lease ran out at the end of October 08. Since then I have had it in the garage for a number of problems. First was the resistor for the heater burning out. The usual No 4 wasn't working on the fan. Renault did pay for this to get fixed after my wife complained about the problem, stating that it seemed to be a known problem as "she had seen numerous articles in a number of forum's on the internet about this problem"!! This was great...then, after getting it back, a month later, the fan stopped working altogether!! We thought that this would be covered under the warranty of the repair..but no. The mechanic said that it was nothing to do with the previous work, and we would need a new fan motor, at a price of 350, fitted in not too distant future. He said that he simply took out the glove box and hit the motor connector plug....and that cost me 50 Remember this was at a Renault Dealer.

I don't believe that these items are not linked, and I'd be happy to hear any members thoughts on this string of problems.
Currently in brucera's garage:
2005 Renault Grand Scenic 1.9 dCi + 2001 Renault Clio 1.2 Grande
  5 Lastest Threads by brucera
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Grand Scenic II Rear Window Problem Electronics brucera 2 5229 4th March 2009 07:34 PM
Hello Renault Heads Welcome to RenaultForums nobby 3 795 4th March 2009 07:02 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome