Join Date: Dec 2005
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
It sounds as though the sensor in the washer bottle or the wiring to it is faulty.If you can find the sensor then have a look to see if it's still connected.
You could also try either disconnecting the sensor and seeing if the warning goes out,or arcing across the connections and again seeing if the light goes out.It certaintly sounds like the sensor is faulty,but this will double check it before you spend out on a new one.
I'd rather push my Alfa than drive a BMW....
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo