Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - laguna 2 washer bottle leaking , any ideas?

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 6th March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Originally Posted by tubby tommy View Post
r.e. last reply if the water drops below the sensor the headlight jets will not work but the motor will be heard(only works if lights are on)
you may need to remove the front bumper and check the washer bottle as it has 2 motors and a sensor in it and they are all push fit so if they have been slightly moved water may leak from any of the 3.
the motor with the 2 pipes attached is for the front and rear washers the one with the thick high pressure pipe is for the headlight washers and the other part at the very front with just the electrical connection is the sensor for the low level warning which i would suggest is disloged or faulty which was what was wrong with mine and i had the same symptoms.
also if the pipe for the headlight washers is disconnected the water will leak out via gravity and empty your bottle. the headlight washers are operated by water pressure only so if the motor is working but the washers are not operating a pipe may be disconnected somewhere.
sounds like a bumper removal to investigate.
thanks all . i have access to a ramp on tuesday evening so will try the wheelarch first ,if not then its the bumper off , i hope its not a huge job as my mechanic skills are rudimentary to say the least , cheers for the advice , Alan
Currently in puma999's garage:
2002 renault laguna 3.0 V6 priviledge, 1973 triumph spitfire ,1976 kawasaki kh 500 ,
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome