Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Removing seized rear windscreen wiper arm on Laguna II Sports Tourer

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Removing seized rear windscreen wiper arm on Laguna II Sports Tourer

I need to remove the rear windscreen wiper arm from my Laguna II Sports Tourer.

A combination of water and salt off the roads has caused the shaft to almost seize.

I've removed the bolt cover and removed the bolt, but can I get the arm off the spline... not a chance!

I***8217;ve tried lots of WD40, tapping it with a rubber mallet, levering it off using some wooden batons and even heating it up with boiling water hoping that the metal expanding may break the joint, but it***8217;s not budging an inch

My rear windows glass lifts separately on the tailgate which makes the job a little easier.

Any ideas before I use too much force and shatter my rear window.

Many thanks
Currently in DeLorean's garage:
Renault Laguna Sport Tourer 1.8 16V Dynamique - my little money pit!
  5 Lastest Threads by DeLorean
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
No air-con on driver’s side – car without climate... Heating & cooling DeLorean 2 1436 18th April 2010 06:39 PM
Laguna II fog light surround removal Bodywork micksid 1 2321 16th April 2010 10:38 AM
Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer & snow chains Wheels & tyres DeLorean 8 3828 4th December 2009 09:06 PM
Second-hand Lag II instrument panel show mileage... Electronics DeLorean 4 1546 14th September 2009 03:10 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome