Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Xenon Headlights - Discussion & how to change out

View Single Post
post #78 of (permalink) Old 7th March 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by mikethebike View Post
Hear goes my short-cut saves taling front bumper off.
Remove washer bottle tube by twisting and firmly pulling.
2,Remove iether the cover over the battery or carefully unscrew the small cover on the driver side and remove.
3,Unsrew the 4 screws along the front grill panel on the top.Note these plastic screws,fixing may break so get some in advance or as spare.
4,unbolt headlight 2 bolts then gently twist and slide headlight out ,ensure bulbs are disconected and headlight adjustment unit.
REplace ment is reversal,i have worked out now i can change a H/L bulb within 15 mins.
I did the abouve in the freezing cold and snow in the dark due to being pulled over by pc plod.
I used the repair tip abouts waterloged ballasts in another thread and it worked.
Hi there people, i know its a while since the last post on this thread but this is quite important if your trying to remove the drivers side light to access the ballast.

As well as the 2 bolts on top of the headlight, there is one in the wing. This is a pain to access. It requires a 10mm socket.

To access it, i located the various screws/bolts holding the drivers side of the bumper in place, undid them all which allowed me to pull the side of the bumper down and there it is just above one of the bolts that holds the washer bottle in place.

Anyway, once this is undone it comes out. The ballast has some sort of salt growth coming out of the plug terminals and im sure its been full of washer fluid. I cannot believe the ballast is in a place where fluid can get to it but thats french car design for you.
Currently in tucny's garage:
2003 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome