Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - General Advice Needed

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 7th March 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by peteisfishing View Post
i think i could get the parts for the cambelt change from an auto factors and get a local independant gareage to do the change for me.........should drive the cost down a bit.....or even attempt it myself. Is there any special tools required for this??
if you buy the parts yourself some places won't guarantee the work. they don't jack the price up much anyways at least from when i called for quotes. i decided to do my cam belt myself (16v scenic). bought the locking tools from ebay for 30 and timing belt kit for 60 shipped..along with a water pump from my motor factors (40). the ebay water pump was supposedly lost in the mail (20 shipped). i wouldn't recommend anyone doing the cam belt themselves unless they have lots of time and patients. oh and you MUST read the Haynes manual until you understand every step if you're going to do it yourself. some have failed on here because they didn't READ every step.
Currently in nc73's garage:
Laguna Estate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome