Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #263 of (permalink) Old 8th March 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Vel Satis - Disappearing VIN

Hello All. My first post. I have a 2003 3.0 Dci Initiale which I have kept cosseted in the garage over the winter, all polished up ready for Spring.
I noticed that the VIN was not visible in the windscreen - some time after I bought the car - and while everything else matched - Renault numbers etched in all the glass etc, I was a little concerned. It looked to me as though there was a wobbly piece of plastic visible in the slot which had somehow melted - and made me wonder if the car had been in a Heated Paint booth to have a front wing resprayed and perhaps it had melted. I don't know the answer.
The only thing I can say is I saw another Vel Satis a couple of weeks ago - rare event - for sale in a local garage, with exactly the same problem.
If anyone finds out the cause I am sure many owners will be pleased/relieved to find out the truth. Graham.
Currently in Satistician's garage:
2008 Renault Kangoo 1.6.16v Auto ( Disabled conversion ), 2008 Renault Kangoo 1.6.16v auto ( salvage to fix the 1st one ), Vauxhall ARENA 2.5D - AKA RENAULT TRAFIC 1
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome