Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #264 of (permalink) Old 8th March 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
FAO hu88ertvelsat,
Sorry for the delay as I am not at home at the moment. I will try and describe what I have done, tho being none tech, You may understand me but those reading this without a vel satis will be thinking eh?
Anyway, without having the car with me at the mo, here goes:
The instructions from the parrot where very easy to follow. The hardest part for me was finding the amp unit for the radio. It is under the n/s rear passenger seat. The lead that plugs into this unit has the main parrot box connected at the other end. When you lift the seat to get to the amp the parrot wires are thin enough to slide under the plastic trim that his holding your carpet in place, the parrot box then sitting on the floor at the rear of the front passenger seat. It tucks in quite neat and if you have original carpet mats, the top lip of the mat sits on top and hides from view etc, you wouldn't know it was there.
Two leads then lead from this box, one to the lcd display and one to the mic. The one to the lcd display tucked into the plastic trim around the centre console / armrest and I stuck my display to the left of the ignition card slot. Because the centre console is in two parts I followed the line of the join although this can be pulled apart and you can drill a hole if you want a better finish. The mic wire ran around the drivers side of the centre console tucked under the plastic trim and I stuck the mic just behind the steering wheel in front of the dash. The wire just fits into the gap of the wooden or alu inserts, Im sure you will know what I mean. And thats it.
Has the phone cradle in your armrest got pins in the bottom that clearly fit a specific phone. Mine did and I asked various people if I could try their phone until I found one that fitted. It was a Nokia model and when I get home I can let you know which one. I bought one off ebay for 3. Believe it or not the Renault Dealer network could not tell from the cradle, what phone the system was set up for.
Currently in VEL SATISfied's garage:
Renault Laguna Sport Tourer GT Line Tomton 2.0Dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome