Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1997 Megane - central locking with a (crazy) mind of its own

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 8th March 2009 Thread Starter
Pocket Weasel
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
OK - now I'm desparate! I'm almost begging for any help!

Today I made the mistake of letting the door shut with the keys still inside, and the damn car did its automatic locking thing and lock the doors. I had to spend a frantic 30 minutes (in the rain) breaking into my own sodding car. Now it's personal!

If anyone has any advice or suggestions, then I'd be very grateful. To recap:

- The central locking activates itself at random intervals, either when driving or just afterwards. Ignition on or off, it doesn't make any difference.

- To be precise, the doors lock - all of the them - but the car keeps clonking away as if it is trying to lock them again. It doesn't unlock them (worse luck!).

- I've taken out the circuit board from the IR receiver in the roof unit, and it has kept on doing it.

- I've taken out the door lock switch from the dashboard, and it has kept on doing it.

- I've unplugged the connections from the two rear doors in turn, and it keeps doing it.

- I've taken out the fuse for the central locking, and it stops. BUT - you can hear a clicking noise from behind the fusebox as if it was still trying to do it.

I'm running out of things to unplug. If anyone has any hints then please do say. I'm hoping there is some sort of definite cause, not just a random bad wire somewhere in the loom.

Pocket Weasel
Currently in Pocket Weasel's garage:
1997 Megane 1.9 diesel
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome