Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #266 of (permalink) Old 9th March 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Graham,

Welcome and thanks for your posts.

I'm pleased, in a "thank goodness I'm not the only one" way, to read your own disappeared windscreen VIN story.

Thanks for your info re the oil filters. Very interesting and I may look into your Saab tip when my filter's due for a change, presumably at its next service in April/May.

Just out of interest, are you also of the mind, like a few on this forum, that the 3 litre V6 diesel needs the belt changing at 120,000 miles or 10 years as per Renault's letter to another Vel Satis owner on this forum, as opposed to the 72,000 interval for the 2.2 litre diesel?

Are your parking sensors hunky dorey by the way, as I'm sure mine have stopped beeping since I got the car in December? The short beep when reverse is selected, does happen, but no sounds are heard thereafter.

But nothing will sadden me for now as my low mileage example is providng a silky smooth, pretty economical but fairly powerful leather captain's chair, which I'm very pleased about...

Last edited by Pat.w; 9th March 2009 at 01:04 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome