Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #267 of (permalink) Old 9th March 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Vel Satis 3.0 DCI CAMBELT

Hello Oliver, thanks for your message.

I am not sure about the time interval recommendation for cambelt change on the 3.0 dci.
I have the RENAULT Maintenance Record though, and in there it recommends 72,000 miles/5 years for petrol and diesel engines except for 3.0 dci where it specifies change at 120,000 miles ( but gives no time interval ).

The other specific thing mentioned for the 3.0 dci engine is Only Use 5W/40 ENGINE OIL to standard ACEA B3/B4, so that is clearly important.

As for parking sensor operation, I have yet to put my car into regular use - happening soon, so not sure about that. I think the front ones worked when I parked it in the garage, just before winter.

I think this is a fabulous car. So much so, that I am picking up a second one - identical model - for my Father tomorrow. There is nothing else like it in terms of luxury v value for money - in France I saw one at a main agent a couple of months ago - similar age/mileage/ condition except that it was a 2.2 and it was priced up at 16,000 euros. My 3.0 initiale cost me 3,400. The world most definitely has gone mad.
Regards, Graham.
Currently in Satistician's garage:
2008 Renault Kangoo 1.6.16v Auto ( Disabled conversion ), 2008 Renault Kangoo 1.6.16v auto ( salvage to fix the 1st one ), Vauxhall ARENA 2.5D - AKA RENAULT TRAFIC 1
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome