Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #268 of (permalink) Old 9th March 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Originally Posted by hu88ertvelsat View Post

I'm pleased, in a "thank goodness I'm not the only one" way, to read your own disappeared windscreen VIN story.

Thanks for your info re the oil filters. Very interesting and I may look into your Saab tip when my filter's due for a change, presumably at its next service in April/May.

Are your parking sensors hunky dorey by the way, as I'm sure mine have stopped beeping since I got the car in December? The short beep when reverse is selected, does happen, but no sounds are heard thereafter.

Seems to be a common problem with the windscreen VIN tag, mine has disappeared as well.

Its no surprise to me that Saab parts are cheaper than Renault parts. I'm horrified at some of the prices they want for basic service items; if you want a laugh enquire how much they want for a pair of wiper blades!

The rear parking sensors just emitting a single beep is almost certainly a faulty sensor, mine did this when i bought it. One sensor out = no park assist. Renault will bend you over for 70 for a sensor as well.
Currently in saabguy's garage:
2002 Citroen C5 SX 2.2 HDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome