Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - TDC Sensor Replacement (with pictures!)

View Single Post
post #159 of (permalink) Old 9th March 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Renault Megane 51 1.6 16v

Hi all

I have just signed up to this forum, hoping to gain knowledge on all the small bits that could cause (or seem) like big problems! I'm not really great with the mechanical stuff but this will surely be a learning exp! and save some cash in this credit crunch days!!

Anyway, I have a 1.6 16v megane 51 reg. Had it for over 2 years and this intermittent starting fault still hasnt gone.. Its not like the usual symptoms that have been described in this thread, mine are slightly different. The car is not weather dependant, it doesnt matter whether its ice cold or summer, it still starts up (first time).. jus the odd times that it doesnt start.. so i have to keep turning the ignition but it just doesnt fire up! Previously locking n unlocking used to solve it SOMEtimes, then theres times when im constantly pressing on the gas whilst turning the ignition - which works sometimes. The garages have not been able to figure the problem out so i've just lived with it, but it can be a pain in the a** when im at the petrol station, fill it up, get inthe car and it dnt start!
I've noticed sometimes it doesnt start again after having driven for sometime, even short distances.

I had not heard about the TDC sensor until now. Im guessing this might be the problem?? I will have a look under the bonnet fairly soon and get back with results

Sorry for the long msg! Hope one of the very helpful member of this forum will reply back with some positives!

Currently in dakz's garage:
Renault Megane 51 Dynamique + 1.6 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome