Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #368 of (permalink) Old 9th March 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2

These people have all had the same problem with Scenics. The first post says that the guy's Scenic 1.9 dci caught fire in his garage and burned down his house. The post is dated Oct 2008.

Ciao a tutti.
Lunedý 27 10 2008 la mia Megane Scenic 1.9 JTD ha preso fuoco nel mio garage, incendiando tutta la casa.
Navigando in internet ho scoperto che una cosa simile Ŕ successa anche ad altre persone.
In questi giorni sto cercando di contattarle, in modo da agire insieme in un'azione legale ai danni della Renault, in quanto Ŕ emerso dai fatti precedentemente accaduti che esiste un rischio corto circuito elettrico nel pulsante di regolazione degli specchietti e che questo causa principi di incendio.
Con il presente annuncio chiedo a tutti coloro a cui sia successa la stessa cosa di contattarmi non appena possibile.
Indirizzo e-mail: ******************
Greetings everybody.
On Monday 27/10/2008 my Megane Scenic 1.9JTD caught fire in my garage setting my whole house on fire.

Searching the internet, I discovered that similar incidents have happened to others. I am now trying to contact these so that we can instutute a class- action against Renault because it emerges from previous incidents that there a short-circuit risk in the mirror switch and that this is the cause of the fires.

I am hereby publicly asking those to whom this has happened to contact as soon as possible. My email address: *************** Thanks!!!!

The follow copies of posts voicing the same complaint dated between Jan and Sept 2008.

As we now all live in the European Union, is it possible for UK victims to join Italian ones in a class action?

**Email address removed, sorry but it's in breach of forum rules to post personal contact details**

Confucius he say "Wise Inuit never eats yellow snow"
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS

Last edited by Pat.w; 10th March 2009 at 12:42 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome