Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Mark 2 Clio - broken driver's side door lock

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th March 2009 Thread Starter
SiD the Turtle
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs down Mark 2 Clio - broken driver's side door lock

Hi guys.

I'm having more fun and games with my mark 2 Clio. Basically it runs perfectly fine as a car, but everything else is either temperamental or breaks! Here's today's problem:

I have a reoccurring problem where during wet weather the remote central locking stops working. Because of this I have to hit the central locking button next to the handbrake, get out and then lock the driver's door manually. I did that this morning and when turning the key the lock appears to have broken. I can spin the key in the lock most of the way around, and it seems to have no affect on locking the door. If I get in the passenger side, and hit the central locking button, the door locks, so I guess the lock is just mechanically broken!

So my question is can I just buy a replacement lock from a scrap yard and fit it myself or do I need to get the correct lock from Renault? The key itself seems fairly generic so I was hoping I could just grab an old one rather than be fleeced by my Renault garage!
  5 Lastest Threads by SiD the Turtle
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Mark 2 Clio - broken driver's side door lock Cars & motoring matt45 3 13004 10th March 2009 12:23 PM
The sun just came out, so of course my air con... Heating & cooling SiD the Turtle 3 1194 14th July 2007 04:43 PM
Scammy Renault dealership? Cars & motoring Lagdti 13 2126 16th June 2007 05:43 PM
Intermittent immobiliser problem Electronics SiD the Turtle 6 2082 6th May 2007 10:31 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome