Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Indicator / electrical help needed

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Indicator / electrical help needed

Hi all

I know its the norm to post an introduction post about myself, introducing the car etc, but at the moment I have no love for it and no desire to show her off!!

To introduce the car for the sake of the query, its a 51 plate Laguna II dci expression

Basically it was running fine with no issues until one morning last week I went to open the door and the key car wouldn't work. I went to change the batteries and still nothing. After calling breakdown they managed to get in and jump started it. I noticed the drivers side indicators were all on, not flashing, just permanently on. He seemed to think it was a problem with the relay and took the fuse out for me to get to the garage. The garage have said they have tried everything, new relay, new fuse, even a new indicator stalk, but still the lights stay on, flattening the battery

I'm really annoyed that they cannot find the fault. He said it needs to go to Renault and could be a 700 job. Has anyone had the same issue, or could anyone give me any advice as to what to try next? It could be something so simple, I just cant afford a big bill

He did mention a UCL? Something to do with the fuse box? He said there was a bit of rust around there so a bit of water could have gotten in?

Any advice welcomed

Currently in wattsy's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9 dCi
  5 Lastest Threads by wattsy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Indicator / electrical help needed Electronics madnoel10 8 1858 10th March 2009 05:46 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome