Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2001 scenic dci engine wiring loom problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy 2001 scenic dci engine wiring loom problem

Hi, I just bought a 2001 Scenic DCi Sports Elize - after a couple of days the glow plug light came on and engine started missing. After eliminating EGR valve and mass air flow sensor, I discovered that when I was leaning on the air filter casing, engine missing started and light came on.

I realised that it was the wires going to the injectors, which had chafed through in places and I guessed they were shorting out.

Looking at the state of the taping on the wiring, I think the previous owner had obviously had problems with it and decided to get rid of it.

I have tried retaping sections of wire that I found damaged but every time I think I've cracked it the problem is still there.

Has anybody had a similar problem and if so could they advise a fix as it seems the only other alternative is to fork out £370 plus VAT to Renault for a new engine wiring loom.

Many thanks
Currently in jono's garage:
2001 megane scenic 1.9 dci sport./ 1998 laguna 1.6 16v sport dual fuel.
  5 Lastest Threads by jono
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2001 scenic dci engine wiring loom problem Electronics jono 2 1297 12th March 2009 01:54 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome