Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Climate Illumination - Auto Climate Version

View Single Post
post #256 of (permalink) Old 12th March 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Lightbulb Fixing climate control lighting

I know I may be late with this answer but it may help someone. I had the same problem with mine and I hate things that don't work so I persevered until I solved it. The problem is on the circuit board where there is a small black resistor about 3mm by 2mm which is in the feed to the row of led's, I assume it limits the voltage to the led's. It would seem that it is not really man enough for the job and overheats to such an extent that it becomes desoldered, although you cannot see that is so even with a magnifying glass.
I found out by dismantling the unit down to the pcb then plugging it back into the loom and switching it on, poke the resistor gently with something non metallic (cocktail stick) and the leds should light. The resistor is just to the right and below the last led on the right. I then just put a good blob of solder on each end of the resistor and its been fine for months.
Hope this helps someone.
Best of luck
Currently in ncdavies's garage:
2003 Laguna 2.2dci Initiale
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome