Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Stick or Twist? 2.0ltr or 3.0ltr

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 14th March 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I've been running a v6 Laguna now for about four weeks. I do 1000miles a week commuting to work in it and it returns 32mpg easily with mixed driving (motorway and town traffic). On a recent run (5am...quiet motorway) I did 60mph in cruise control...just to see what mpg it could acheive and i got 37.7mpg!!
But you won't go slow for very long!!!
The only problem i am encountering at the moment is front tyres wearing unevenly (steering arms and re-tracking done 2wks ago)....I'm not sure if this is sinister due to front bush wear or anything or just a trait of a front end heavy power-steered car with 225 wide tyres??
Any thoughts welcome.
Going in this morning for two new contisport tyres (runflats with reinforced walls....worth noting..costly!)
The most vital thing to check if you go for the v6 (unless you want a bill for it of about 900) is the cambelt/waterpump change at 5yrs or 72k. (mine was done at 45k in Nov last year (car 02 plate) took me weeks to find a v6 for sale with this job already documented in the service records...and the previous owner of my car had intermediate oil changes carried out at 9000miles between main services.
Verdict..I love it!! The sound the engine makes under load is awesome, and its silky smooth and quiet to drive compared to all the diesel cars iv'e had.
The tiptronic box is great fun too..(wish me luck if it breaks).

Go for it...but check it's been well cared for before you take the plunge!!
p.s. My mot is due in November....should i be afraid????
Currently in mrcachamb's garage:
V6 24v Laguna 2 Initiale sports-tourer, Land Rover Defender 200tdi expedition spec (rechassied)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome