Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1996 laguna intermittant starting problem

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 14th March 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Originally Posted by amg View Post
I have a 1996 Laguna 2.0 rt.
Hasbeen a very reliable car for years, the last few weks thuogh I have a problem with starting the car.
Sometimes itis absolutely fine then it is just like a dead battery.
I can go down the road, switch off and it will restart easily. Or I can go down the road switch off , try to restart (Doesnot matter if it is immediately after or ten minutes or so) and it is dead, if I try again itmight try to turn over slowly and if I am lucky it catches and fires.
Battery is a few months old Battery leads are new. Battery when tested is fully charged.
This morning went to start it and it was fine, drove a couple of miles to a job,30 minutes later just like a dead battery.
Managed after 10 mintes to just catch it.
Drove home, switched off, left it for a few minutes and then turned it over, started normally.

Any ideas as this is driving me nuts .
I have had this problem aswell for a month when i had a lazy starter repaired on my 96 laguna 2L rxe, the auto electrician who serviced it has said that it could be the ampage of the battery which is too low (currently using a new 55 amp), and has checked the car over
i cannot find any help on this anywhere so if you have had a fix i would apreciate some guidance
thanx in advance
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome