Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Electric Window Problems - Regulator Repairs

View Single Post
post #248 of (permalink) Old 15th March 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
For all interested charliesdad sent me full instructions for taking door card off and window regulator. I had the problem with front passenger door on my Laguna. The problem was that the window would go up in stages, after first going up and down a couple of times. I eventually managed to inch it up nearly closed, but could not get it through the last inch. What a nightmare this was, it meant leaving the car in all sorts of places with the widow open by about an inch. Overnight I had to stick a polythene bag over to stop rain getting in. Anyway I took door card off and noticed that the cable was frayed. The remaining strand was caught over the bracket for the door handle. Hence the reason for the problem. After releasing it the window shut fully, I noticed part of the cable lying in the bottom of the door. The motor was working OK so I purchased a new window regulator on EBay 53 was the price. My local garage will fit for me for 40 so I am really pleased because Renault quoted 283. Sorry if this story is long winded but it may help someone else. Grateful thanks to charliesdad for the accurate instructions.
Currently in Normc3943's garage:
56 Laguna Initiale 2.00
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome