Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Rattles in a Modus

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Rattles in a Modus

I've done a bit of 'test driving' in the Modus recently trying to identify where various noises come from when driving. I took absolutely everything out of it (including manuals, pens, coins etc.) and drove around on different roads and at different speeds.

Some rattles were removed from just removing clutter, but there are still a multitude of noises heard when just driving along at 30.

There seem to be some coming from the roof (it's got the panoramic sunroof), general creaks and groans. There's a faint metallic sound, as if you're tapping a CD with a coin or key etc.

I also noticed that when I drive in to the driveway (accelerate up a small hill on the clutch, crest it, then down in to the drive) there are noises from above groaning as I do this manouvre.

However most of the sounds - I don't know where they're from. Does anybody have any common places for rattles to be identified in the Modus? Are there places I should be looking to shut it up?!

Thanks in advance.
Currently in Modus-91's garage:
2008 Laguna III Sport Tourer Dynamique 2.0i
  5 Lastest Threads by Modus-91
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna III microphone for handsfree rattling badly Electronics Modus-91 0 1322 10th July 2012 06:26 PM
2008 2.0 Laguna III Over-Revving under... Engines plasticslugspilot 1 934 10th July 2012 05:17 PM
2008 Laguna III tyres Wheels & tyres Phil C 1 1257 19th July 2011 11:20 AM
Laguna III - the wheels from the brouchures! Wheels & tyres knownClone 5 2507 9th November 2010 11:28 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome