Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #274 of (permalink) Old 17th March 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I've been a VS owner for over 5 years since I bought my 3.0 Initiale new back in Jan 04. Can't believe I've only just found this thread! My car has (taking a firm grip of wooden coffee table) been very reliable, just the odd little niggle (like the common knocking noise from the rear end).

I too had a problem with the windscreen had slipped so wasn't legible. However I got Renault dealer to sort it under extended have to get the police to examine car and your documents at the dealership before they are allowed to order a new VIN. The dealer managed to crack the windscreen whilst replacing the VIN (having firstly spent a day trying to acces it by dismantling the dash), so I got a new chip-free windscreen free too!

Have a couple of small issues that someone on here may be able to solve:

1) Is it possible to enable the time on the Carminat SatNav system so it is possible to get an estimated arrival time (rather than remaining journey time)? I believe the system is the same as used in Lagunas at the time (which don't have the VS analogue clock) and these have the SatNav time enabled.

2) The front nearside puddle light has stopped working. Have checked the bulb and that is fine, so it must be the door contact (main courtesy light doesn't always come on when this door is opened)...however can't see where the door contact is?

Currently in Tennant's garage:
2003 Vel Satis 3.0 Initiale
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome