Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2002 Espace Mk III IR Cobra Alarm Settings

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 17th March 2009 Thread Starter
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion Threadstarter
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by borries01 View Post
Thank you Donald for the pictures of how to adjust the sensitivity of the Renault Espace Alarm.
Ive got a 2001 Y reg Grand Espace and the alarm goes off for the hell of it continually.
Ive turned the sensitivity down to the minnimum but it still goes off.
Can any body please shed some light and try to give me a good nights sleep without it going off all the time.
Many thanks in advance Adam
Hi when you lock the car is it indicating to you with bleeps if so it could be a faulty door boot or bonnet switch,their is one on the boot two on the bonnet and one on each door,you could try and disconnect the battery on the car for 20 minutes then it might reset the alarm?? its got to be worth a try,but if you do go down this route remember to switch you side lights on when reconnecting the battery up as this prevents a spike to the dashboard,you should not need a radio code unless yours is different to mine but iam sure you will not,also remember to switch the radio off before disconnecting the battery as this will prevent the fuse on the radio itself from blowing when reconnecting the batter,also is there any signs of water ingress as this would also set the alarm off,mines was the same about a month or two back going off but i put it down to the cold snap as it fixed itself out after the temp went back up,hope this helps Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome