Join Date: Jan 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
UPDATE : PROBLEM NOW FIXED
The 'rivets' I referred to in my previous are not rivets: they are push-fit clips which have a slight flare at one end. Once thesde are removed though they are VERY difficult to get back in as you can't get to both sides of them to squeeze them in, and they seem to be msade of aluminium (probably to avoid them rusting and disintegrating as they are underneath the car).
Anyway, I followed fjarvis's instructions in the originsal post. I didn't need to remove any of the bumper bits though: I found that I could get enough access by loosening and pulling back both the front part of the wheelarch liner and the undertray too.
Word of warning though to anyone else doing this job:take care when you pull the old pump off the washer bottle. As I was doing this lying on my side under the car the pump came out rather sharpish, and I gave myself a screenwash shampoo (50/50 screenwash/water actually). Luckily I wear glasses and that helped stop this going in my eyes too much. A lucky escape.
New pump cost £38odd inc vat from local Renault dealer who had one in stock fortunately. I also replaced the daft 'rivet clips' as I shall call them with self-tapping screws: there is plenty of room behind the screws so no danger of them piercing anything.
Oh, for a return to the 'old days' when everything was visible and accessible in the engine bay! (Well, it was in the cars I had: Minis, Escorts, and Capri).
Currently in Gillyboy's garage:
Scenic 2 1.5dci Rush