Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Mk2 Ph 1 Clio question...

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Mk2 Ph 1 Clio question...

Hi people.

I've finally gotten round to getting some front foglights from eBay . Now, before I get lectures lol, it's not because I want to drive around and blind people! It's more a cosmetic thing-but I want to have them wired up to work properly. I live in Lowestoft, so it does actually get quite foggy here by the sea, and the standard headlights are a bit...well, crappy.

I probably paid too much for them, but I don't have a decent scrappers near-by, so eBay was the only choice. I don't think it's too bad-I got the fog lights, plastic mounts and indicator stalk for 55 delivered. See the original auction listing here.

You can probably guess where this is going now: how do I wire them up? Obviously I have the stalk, and the foglights have some wiring between them, but where do I go from there? They obviously go to the fusebox, and then to the stalk... :S I want to use the original Renault indicator stalk, so i don't want to go down the different switch approach.

I've had a look through using the search function, but I can't find a post where the front fogs seem to have been successfully installed!. If anybody out there could give me some advice that would be great!

The Clio is a Mk2 Ph1. It's a 1.2 RN (so no electrics at all). I've had the blanks off and can't find any additional wiring, but may have over looked it-but i'm currently working on the assumption that there is none there!

Thanks in advance,
Currently in DantheClioman's garage:
Clio Phase 2 Mk 1

Last edited by DantheClioman; 18th March 2009 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Additional info.
  5 Lastest Threads by DantheClioman
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Mk2 Ph 1 Clio question... Electronics scatz 1 920 18th March 2009 08:02 AM
Clio MK I PH II - Headlight Conversion Exterior styling terry nagel 15 6622 25th November 2007 09:37 AM
Difference between headlights... Electronics Truckbusuk 4 1727 12th August 2007 10:05 PM
Installing Electrics... Electronics chris m 1 1187 7th July 2007 06:19 PM
Dash Removal for a '98 Clio Interiors chicker 1 1023 7th July 2007 05:53 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome