Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane Mk1 (2001) Couple of Question

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane Mk1 (2001) Couple of Question

Hello. I recently purchased a 2001 Renault Megane 1.6 Privilege Automatic. I used to have a 1996 Renault Megane 1.6 RXE (I don't think it was an RXE - it was badged as such but didn't have a CD player or rear electric windows that the RXE should have).

Aaaanyway, I have a couple of questions that I was hoping might be answered on here.

Firstly, the indicators self-cancel really easily - even the slightest turn i nthe opposite direction cancels them, which makes it a nuisance when coming up to roundabouts etc. because I either have to keep hold of the stalk, or wait until the last second to indicate.
Is there a way to adjust that at all?

The other thing I have noticed is that the doors 'lock' after setting off. Here's a rough idea of what happens:

'Blip' the doors unlocked.
Get in
Start engine
Move off
Pick up speed
Doors make a noise like they have locked
Padlock icon above rear view mirror lights up red

Now, if I open the doors they make an 'unlock' noise, and the padlock light goes out. I have always been able to open the doors, even whilst moving. If I open the doors, then shut them again, it will 'lock' again and the padlock light will turn back on.

What is going on with this? Is it supposed to do that? Is there a way to turn it off? I didn't get a user manual (just a service manual and radio manual), so I don't know if there is an obvious way to turn it off.

Thanks in advance

Currently in Mechanicus's garage:
2001 Renault Megane Expression Automatic
  5 Lastest Threads by Mechanicus
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane Mk1 (2001) Clunky Gearbox Transmissions Mechanicus 8 3031 19th June 2009 11:14 AM
Car Juddering and Orange Warning light Engines Mechanicus 5 8547 24th March 2009 11:09 AM
Can Radio Plus Cause Dashboard Malfunctions? Electronics Mike11 6 1573 19th March 2009 05:00 PM
Megane Mk1 (2001) Couple of Question Electronics Mechanicus 2 1133 18th March 2009 11:01 AM
1996 Renault Megane Dipped Bulb? Electronics madnoel10 3 1388 15th July 2007 02:26 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome