Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic II locking up the chute

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic II locking up the chute

Hello there

Its my first post on here.
Long time listener first time caller and all that. I've previously been a forum member for Audis, Alfas and volvos. I'm new to Renaults though.

Anyway, to cut to the point.

We have an 03 scenic II priv. We love it. Its got the keyless entry system but has gone a bit haywire. It used to work on al the doors and the boot but....
The auto locks on the drivers side (front and rear) don't seem to work now. That is, you can't unlock them using the beam sensor thingy behind the handle, nor can they be locked using the button on the handles. Its like they don't recognize a handsfree bit.
They do unlock using the remote key. They also unlock when you use the other doors or boot buttons.
Both keycards activate the ignition ok. Its just the handsfree thingy function on the drivers side that has failed.
It is annoying because we had got used to it working fine.

Any ideas at all?

Currently in mde2711's garage:
  5 Lastest Threads by mde2711
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Is it possible to reset the ECU? Electronics Lagdti 4 5096 22nd March 2009 09:16 PM
Scenic II foglight replacement Electronics alanjwong 1 712 22nd March 2009 07:12 AM
Scenic II locking up the chute Electronics spongey1 6 1465 19th March 2009 09:45 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome