Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio ECU connector issues

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 22nd March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks for the reply,
The connector has a cam operated lever which pulls the connector down onto the pins, but I suspect there is very little engagement on the pins into the socket. The pins looked clean but I did not turn the socket over to look at it as I didn't want to strain the wires.
I think the tiewraps might help, so I'll give that a try.
It seems to be a common problem and I hoped someone had solved it before.
I just wonder what the steel box is for, it looks like a blacksmith made it. Perhaps it is intended that the weight of it bouncing up and down will hammer the connector together. There is quite an indentation on the rubber inside the box lid made by the top of the connector.
All in all this is pretty poor stuff and is safety critical in my opinion, I am worried my son will lose power at a critical moment and get into trouble. But from what I have read here there isn't even any help from Renault where dealers have been ripping people off doing all sorts of unnecessary work without curing the problem.
If anyone has curred it I would like to hear, meanwhile I'll try the tie wrap method.
Many thanks.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome