Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is the Renault Warranty invalidated

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Is the Renault Warranty invalidated

Hi folks,

I have never used the forum before, but have a 2004 Coupe Cab Privilege 1.6VVT which is my wife's car from new and a 2008 Coupe Cab 1.5dci Dynamique S, so hopefully qualify as a member!! I have checked the FAQs and Forums but cannot find the answer to my question so here goes...

As you can see, we are fans of the Coupe Cab and consequently I recently persuaded my dad to buy a 2007 1.5dci Dynamique S with 17,600 miles on the clock from Autoquake. I inspected the car and it seemed fine, so he went ahead and bought it last Thursday. When I went through the paperwork today, I see that the car was serviced by a garage chosen by Autoquake but has nothing in the book before this. It was first registered in July 2007 and it would therefore appear that this is the first service. Confusingly, the service indicator says it doesn't need to be done for some 6500 miles. I am puzzled. Both of 'my cars' have 18k service countdowns, but would this car have 12k? Could it be that it was serviced at 12 months and 11k miles but the book was not stamped. If so, how can I find out who did it?

The handbook appears to show a 12k service interval or one year, but my 2008 has 18k (as does my wife's 1.6vvt - with a 2 year interval, I think). My concern is that my dad has just bought a car with no Renault warranty on it. Can anyone give a definitive answer on this as he can still reject it before next Thursday if this is the case?

Any help gratefully appreciated as I feel terrible about possibly giving the old man bad advice.

Thanks in advance
Currently in RD500FAN's garage:
2008 Coupe Cab 1.5dci Dynamique S & 2010 Wind Dynamique S 133 and 2001 Plymouth Prowler
  5 Lastest Threads by RD500FAN
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane CC Window "Re-wired" Itself! Electronics RD500FAN 3 1252 1st December 2009 09:53 PM
15 One-touch roof open/close on CC Interior styling RD500FAN 5 3693 24th March 2009 09:30 PM
Is the Renault Warranty invalidated Cars & motoring hondo 7 1403 22nd March 2009 08:30 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome