Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - RX4 Fuel Consumption

View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 22nd March 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Can I improve my MPG from max of 33??? on my Scenic 1.9D D4X

I bought an 02 plate 4 wheel drive drive Scenic 1.9D about a month ago. I have done roughly 250 miles today about 50% on the motorway 25% country roads and 25% Town/City roads and it has only averaged 31.5mpg according to the computer.
I have to admit that has disappointed me as its used roughly 35 of Diesel to run from Chesterfield to Liverpool and then to East Mids airport and back to and from Chesterfield. No I am not a Taxi driver, Its all family stuff, lol
The car has got 91,000 miles on it and I am an average driver that goes roughly the speed limits and nothing daft over or below it!!
Can you give me any advice as to whether I should stop moaning about my MPG or whether something could be having a knock on effect to my low mpg???

Also I have noticed a few times first thing in the morning mainly when I change into 2nd gear for the first time it seems to lose its power and takes a couple of seconds to regain it, any thoughts or experience of this???

Apart from these 2 things I love my new car!!!
Currently in t11cky's garage:
Renault Scenic 1.9D D4X
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome