Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic2 Window Winder fix - with Pix

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 22nd March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Thanks for compliments

Thanks for the praise - hope the picture tutorial is of use to all readers. I have only thrown up one other tutorial... and I figure it's decent payback for the nuggets of advice I have read on this great forum.

As said in other posts ...
a. You can get decent new-style sliders from ebay , or
b. Burst into a dealership and demand decent sliders.

The slider DO appear to be more sturdy - I suspect that there's steel inner sections under the plastic. There is also a small stell pillar/screw that actually goes through the window "securing" hole. This is either to grant support ... or more realistically, it's there, so that when the slider breaks intp pieces the window doesn't drop to the floor as a default condition.

Postscript 1
Make sure you do properly put back the Stoopid Black Triangle of plastic ... I suspect it's a piece of junk to cover poor routing design.
However,if, after all your hard work, you detect a "rattle" - it's not the window, it's the stoopid plastic -- so make sure it's pinned in.

Postscript 2
By all means shell out 80 for a new winder assembly if you like ( you'll still save a packet on paying a Renault dealer to mess with your door) but some simple spaghetti cables may well be salvage-able. The motor is a strong unit, so try not to pay for something you do not need. If the cables are so cr*p, then look on EBay for cable kits , and make up a replacement set.

good luck - I suspect the seld-same fitting advice also applies to Laguna drivers
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome