Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - RX4 Fuel Consumption

View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 23rd March 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I'm not sure as its a 4x4 but could your loss of power be clutch slip? It might be an idea to check the clutch - rolling at 30mph in 5th or something and floor it. If the clutch is slipping the revs will shoot up. If not then it could be the 4x4 diff but you'd have to ask someone more expert than myself

Re the mpg, there are some basics you can check. I'm guessing yours is the 99-03 model, which had the dci engine? If so Parkers has your mpg at about 38.

So yours would be a bit low for all motorway at 50. You might want to confirm you can get the higher level without averaging in the town driving? As 38 is combined it would suggest 40 something is possible on the mway.

Otherwise, what is the condition of your oil and filters? Plus bear in mind cold weather can reduce mpg. I also found a low AC system that needs a regas can further reduce mpg.

Otherwise gearbox and I'm guessing diff oil could contribute to more resistance in running.

Currently in bpowell555's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.2dCi Initiale, 1990 E30 325i Touring (Bavarian Tigzwerken Express)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome