Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Mk2- Horn not working

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 23rd March 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio horn not working

Faulty horn seems to be a fairly common Clio fault. I have just fixed the horn on my car (51 plate 1.2). The cause turned out to be a dirty terminal on the horn unit itself. Access is through the n/s front wheel arch as the horn is located low down behind the bumper (below the n/s headlight unit) - you can see it from above but not really get to it. To access the horn you remove the n/s front wheel and partially remove the plastic splash guard inside the arch. To do this remove 2 torx screws (1 is actaully underneath the car so your screwdriver is vertical when unscrewing) and 3 of the plastic push fit clips. These clips will almost certainly be destroyed by the process of removing them so get 3 replacements in advance - they cost 50p each from Renault dealer. The horn has a single white wire connected by a push fit terminal. Remove the push fit and clean the spade terminal on the horn - I used a piece of abrasive paper to rub it clean. Half hour job in total.
Currently in moolintooti's garage:
Audi A6 Avant 2008
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome