Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna - Reversing light switch

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 23rd March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Jim255 View Post
My first post as I was stuck, and now I think I have the answer here - thanks!

Mrs. 255 got stranded on Saturday, because my Laguna II would not start. I got her to check the gearstick was neutral, as this had been a previous problem, but this was not it, so I went to the rescue.
Turned out I now have to depress the clutch to enable the start function. This is not intermittent. Then realised that the reverse lights/parking sensor were inoperative as well, so I figure these are linked.

So, I believe there is a switch on the gearbox which has failed, and is causing both faults. Am I (probably) right?

Anyone got any ideas how much a replacement one is, and if they are a ***** to fit?

Many thanks!

Hello Mr 255, Thank you for response.. the reverse lights @ parking sensors are on same circuit.. they switch itself is about 20. so i believe.. i too have to depress clutch to start my car, so havent thought about it any different, so you have now asked a question which i need to find the answer too..
thank you again,
take care,
best of luck
Currently in Christopher1964's garage:
2010 laguna estate initiale
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome