Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic Passanger Window Problems

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 24th March 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by retrocausal View Post

called Renault and they said my car was out of warranty (by like 3 months or so - argh) and that they wont fix it.

Called local renault dealer and they want 80 just to diagnose it, even thought they diagnosed it on the phone, which i find comical.

I asked if there was anything I can do in the meantime until i can afford the full repair (knowing they'll charge a fortune) and I asked if taking the fuse out for the windows would stop it from moving. They said no, the window will wind down on its own anyway, which to me makes no sense - the window doesnt fall down, it winds down, its powered. Surely by essentially taking out the fuse that wouldnt happen?
They do need to Diagnose it, because it could be water ingress, inder the 4 inches of foam in the floor where the connection for the cars lume is.

Quick Fix door lume 77 +VAT
Door Regulator 266+VAT
Car Lume 2500 + VAT.

Pray for the middle one, not the other two, because its a major stip down of the car interior otherwise.
Currently in DarrenK's garage:
2013 Fiat Panda TA Easy
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome