Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Interior light/central locking problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th May 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Interior light/central locking problems

I've noticed that the door open display was staying on even though all the doors are shut. The interior light is staying on too. Went round the door switches and found a passenger one was damaged, although not enough to stop it working. I've removed it anyway, but this leaves the system thinking the door is closed so isn't part of my problem. Eventually found that holding the tailgate switch in allows the interior light and door display to go off. The switch feels fine and only switches the light on when it's almost fully out, so I don't know why it's not sensing the door being shut. Next thing I noticed is that the lights are flashing once when the central locking opens using the plip key, which is normal, but not flashing twice when the car is locked. It's also been found with the doors unlocked, but this is not common. I'm going to have a look at the bonnet sensor having read some posts on here.

It's an 02 scenic 1.4 16V.
  5 Lastest Threads by yeha
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
52 plate Scenic missing fuel filter Engines madnoel10 1 410 27th May 2015 06:01 PM
What's a new engine worth? (K4M) Engines dave_mezza2006 1 793 29th June 2009 10:31 PM
rear interior light Electronics darth510 1 710 2nd May 2007 10:07 PM
Interior light/central locking problems Electronics PJ 1 1090 27th May 2006 09:29 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome