Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Espace electrics!!!

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 24th March 2009
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by handym4n01 View Post
Hi all, hoping for some advice on my problem!
The dashboard electrics on my 2000 model Grand Espace (2ltr petrol) are driving me mad!!
When I switch on the ignition the dash lights flash on and off nearly every time( just occasionally it's fine). I sometimes seem to cure it by removing the immobiliser/alarm fuse and putting it back, and sometimes by pushing in the button at the end of the windscreen wiper stalk. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to sometimes corrects itself as I am driving along, but until then I have flashing speedo, clock, milometer etc. May be some kind of relay or something, but i have no clue where to start looking.
Any help would be appreciated greatly, cheers,
Hi Brian it sounds very intermittent like a loose connection??it could even be the circuits on some of the dash printed circuit boards that are breaking up but i have to stress this is just a guess,the only way to check this is to remove the top of the dash and having a look to see if there are any signs of cracks in any of the boards,i hope this helps Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome