Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is the Renault Warranty invalidated

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 24th March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Sorted, thanks!!

Thanks to all members who took the trouble to post and especially to LAGDTI and Pat.w.

Following their advice, my dad spoke to RCS , explained the situation and they said that as long as he has it serviced again on its second birthday, the warranty will be honoured and he can go ahead and extend it on line if he wants. They explained that the service intervals were increased in between his 07 1.5dci (12k) and my 08 1.5dci (18k).

He has the CS reps name and phone number and I got him to write down everything that was said and put it in with the service book in case of problems at a later date.

However!! What puzzles me is that my wifes 1.6vvt covers very few miles (under 17k in 5 years) and the service warning came on after 2 and 4 years, which is fine as it makes sense that they trigger on time or mileage. I wonder why Dinnie's didn't do the same after 1 year?

Such inconsistency is worrying as it shouldn't be hard to fix for Renault.

Thanks again for all your help.

Mike aka RD500FAN
Currently in RD500FAN's garage:
2008 Coupe Cab 1.5dci Dynamique S & 2010 Wind Dynamique S 133 and 2001 Plymouth Prowler
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome