Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - stereo for laguna 2?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 24th March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to wilko331984
Originally Posted by Paul Dengel View Post
You may run into difficulty finding pre outs for an amp as the stereo is in two parts, the in dash unit and a second box in the boot. This is where the AUX/Line in input is, the speaker outs and tuner/amplifier.

I have spoken to dealers who reckon they can replace the stereo completely but it is a pretty major job if you want to keep the sat nav (if you have it) and the screen.

You can use an amp with high level inputs or fit high/low converters to step down the speaker outputs to line level.

An advantage of the setup is that the speaker connections and a switched live line are in the boot already.

Hope this helps

Good luck!
both my stereo and multichanger are in the dash. all i want to change is the headunit part of it all. theres no pre outs on the cd changer its just normal. im pretty sure renault do a headunit with preouts i just dont know what the model number or brand is? i heard they could do a kenwood unit for it but google doesnt really bring anything up?
Currently in wilko331984's garage:
2001 Renault megane coupe 1.6l, 2008 Vauxhall zafira SRi 140

Last edited by wilko331984; 24th March 2009 at 08:20 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome