Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Turbo Diesel Engine Problems

View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 28th May 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
A question for Amsoil if I may.

I have recently sold my Laguna Initiale, 2.0 petrol engine, because of severe electronic problems, although I still follow this site. I have replaced it with a 2.2 diesel X Type Jaguar. Do the same concerns in respect of fully synthetic oils vis-a-vis other oils apply to other diesel engines, or is it confined specifically to Renault engines? My dealer says they use the oil recommended by Jaguar which is 5w-30w, I think.

Should the oil change intervals be less than the recommended service at 12000 miles? If so , should I be insisting on fully synthetic oil , which I would cheerfully pay for if it preserves the integrity of the engine. I have tried posting this question and concerns on the Jaguar Forum but do not seem to be able to get a suitable or knowledgable reply.

I would be grateful for a response and thank the moderators for allowing me to ask a non-Renault question.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome