Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #155 of (permalink) Old 28th May 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Renault Clio, My 'Bonnet' incident, and Treatment by Renault UK!

Wow, I finally managed to find the forum featured on that Watchdog report.

In short, I too have experienced what is now seems to be a all-too-familiar tale of Renault Clio bonnet's flying up. Some good news is that after persistently being on the case of Renault UK and my dealer, Renault UK have covered the 2700 repair costs for the damage caused (bonnet, dented roof, wipers, windscreen repairs etc). Although two strings attached, they wanted me to "sign" away the case to receive this money, and the money was sent directly to the dealer undertaking the repair (I didn't see a penny!).

I have raised a case with VOSA and BBC Watchdog, and VOSA are looking into.

Renault UK completed a 'technical' report, but failed to disclose the findings to me! Apart from stating the catches weren't broken - but being broken and working are two different things! Wish Renault UK saw this!

Sorry to plug my site, but my blog has the full run down of the calamaties of Renault UK, they actions and how I pursued my case. Also, the latest news is that it ain't over. I am after more from Renault - a lot more!

Link to my blog below (again apologises for the out-of-forum link!)
Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome