Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - stereo for laguna 2?

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 26th March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to wilko331984
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Hi wilko,

You can still run an amp withe the head unit you have.

What you will need is a high level to low level converter which you can find in most car audio shops, halfords or motorworld.

One of these

You wire it to the original speaker outputs of your current headunit, you can still leave the orginal speakers connected. It'll convert the high level speaker signal to a low level one. It has RCA outputs to be connected straight to an Amp. I've been using one of these for a while and it is perfect to run a sub.

The only other problem you will encounter it wiring the remote switch for the amp. You can either wire this to a switched wire from the car's ignition or run a constant 12v live feed to it and fit a switch, you'll just have to manually turn it on and off.

The other thing about you bad radio signal when you heated screen is on. The Laguna has it's aerial built into the rear screen, stupid design if you ask me. There will be a signal booster on the hatch somwhere under the plastic trim. A small blue box. Clean up the earthing contacts to this and you should be sorted. I don't know it's exact location as I haven't done it on mine yet but am suffering the same problem. There is a tread some where on RF for the tourer version but the hatch is very similar.
Check this thread out
Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Bad FM reception when heated rear screen switched on

Hope this helps.
thanks for the info. on the aerial problem. mine isnt in the rear screen. it was on my mk1. i have an aerial on the roof just above the screen. with the pre outs too i have a converter but for some reason i keep blowing fuses, and the sub. im no boy racer that has it turned up too loud either i just like a good all round sound. im really confused on why this is happening. ive got through 1 amp and 3 subs since christmas?? what the hells going on with it?? sorry to annoy you all with this subject its just so baffling now i beed the help? thanks
Currently in wilko331984's garage:
2001 Renault megane coupe 1.6l, 2008 Vauxhall zafira SRi 140
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome