Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II immobilised

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 28th May 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Faulty Laguna II Immobiliser as well.

Hi Their i have a 2001 Y Reg Laguna II 1.9 DCi and here is my story to the same problem. I had a clutch fitted the week before the problem and the car was all fine,ran the Laguna for a few days and came to the car after it was stood for a week. Unlocked the car and inserted the card.It said insert card when it was inserted,and the red immobiliser light stayed on.Luckily for me a mate of mine has an identical car and we swopped the card reader from my car to his 03 plate and my card reader worked in his and his in mine was still doing the above same.
He also inserted his card into my car and the immobiliser light flashes red constantly so i think my card reader is OK as it seems to recognise a diffrent wrong card.
with now a few weeks of scratching my head ive also been told that it is the black steering lock box underneath and near the pedals which on early X Y 51 02 plate cars were Black and later Grey? (Valeo must prefer Grey?)
I bought a new box for 220.00 thinking it was this and before i smashed/took off the old box i simply unplugged the original box and plug in the new box but nothing.Back to square one.Still im getting insert card and the red immobiliser light constantly on.I then stripped the Uch (black box) on top of the fuse box and did see signs of previous damp which had dried.So i cleaned this box along with the fuse box which again was a little previous dampish and cleaned and put back together but still no joy?
BUT listen to this one. On my friends 03 plate car i disconnected the blue and yellow relay underneath the fuse box (they are red and yellow on my Y reg car colour changed?) and the 03 Plate does egsatly what my Y reg car does with the relays in or out?So then it seems i might of narrowed down the fault to the fuse box prehaps,anyone out there got any suggestions or help please.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome