Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Suspension difference between Clio 80bhp and 100bhp

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Suspension difference between Clio 80bhp and 100bhp

Hi guys,

An odd question but hopefully someone with good Clio experience can answer this. I have a 04 Clio 1.5 100, my dad has a 04 Clio 1.5 80....since we got them around the same time he has complained that his had a firmer ride than mine, and on both visual inspection and measuring the clearance from the front wheel to the arch, his car is certainly lower to the ground at the front than mine. This has come to a head for him a few days ago when he tore the oil sump on a rock pulling over to the verge of a road, on inspection the mechanic swears the car looks to be set up as it was first day, he can't adjust the suspension so suspects it is as it should be.

So can anyone confirm this, would too such similar cars be setup so differently, is it possible the mechanic is missing something?

Oh and also, wheres a good online retailer that I could price a replacement sump on, tried gsf and euro parts and they don't list them...
  5 Lastest Threads by admoriarty
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Can't get rid of belt squealing! Engines admoriarty 27 7906 20th January 2010 08:18 AM
Clio 1.5 100 leaking Turbo...need advice Engines admoriarty 3 1053 16th October 2009 09:09 AM
Where to source oil sump Clio Engines 3 1542 27th March 2009 12:46 PM
Suspension difference between Clio 80bhp and... Cars & motoring admoriarty 4 1173 26th March 2009 02:47 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome