Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace IV 2005 2.0 Turbo Battery keeps dying...

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th March 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Espace IV 2005 2.0 Turbo Battery keeps dying...

I'm new to this message board lark and this my first post, so bear with me...

I have a 2005 espace 2.0L Turbo (I like buying fuel...)

The battery has died again today - 4 times in last 3 months after being replaced at 2 years to to similar issue (no faults found then). I fully charged battery with good quality trickle charge overnight last week and car had a reasonably long run on Sunday.

S*d's law says today is also the day that my dealer is closing their local branch (SMC Guildford) and of course can't get any help at any other dealer for 1+ week and in 30 miles of home.

I'm inclined to change the battery myself in first instance, then fault find whether its a charging and/or draining problem.

Questions are: (1) is changing battery straightforward if I have radio code (and also read something about leaving sidelights on to prevent voltage spike)? Are there any other tips or traps?; and (2) is this a common problem??

Thanks for any help!
  5 Lastest Threads by Miggins
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Espace IV 2005 2.0 Turbo Battery keeps dying... Electronics ESPACERAMMER 4 1035 26th March 2009 02:53 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome